Utility Billing


What is included in your monthly bill?
For most areas of the City, a monthly bill will include charges for water service, sewer system maintenance, sewage treatment services, storm drain system maintenance, trash and recyclables collection and disposal, and street sweeping.  Areas where water is provided by either Chino Hills or Monte Vista Water District will be billed for just the City maintenance services mentioned above.

How can I request water or trash services and will I need to pay an advance payment?
Requests for water and trash service can be processed by phone, through the mail, or at the public service counter at City Hall.  You may use a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card) for the start-up fee and advance payment.  An advance payment may be required, unless you can provide a letter of credit from your most recent water supplier, indicating you have had a good payment record for at least the last two years.  If an advance payment is necessary, it is refundable after two years of on-time payments.  Requests for service will be scheduled for the following workday, unless otherwise specified.  You may print out the start-up form by completing this form.  This form contains the information needed to start service.  You may mail, fax, or bring the form to City Hall to have your order processed.  If you have not paid over the telephone with a credit card, you must forward the required fees by mail or come to City Hall in person.

Who provides my trash service and what containers are provided?
The City contracts with Waste Management for all trash and recyclable collection service in the City.  Residential areas are provided with three carts: one for trash, one for recyclables, and one for green waste materials, using an automated truck system for pick-up.  Extra carts are available for any of these services for a small additional monthly fee.  Commercial accounts may request any number of different size bins, with pick-ups scheduled up to six times per week.  Temporary bins and roll-off boxes are available for construction or property clean-up by Waste Management.
Concerns related to trash service should be directed to Waste Management at: (800) 423-9986.

What days will my trash not be picked up?
There will be NO trash collection on the following holidays, when the holiday falls on a weekday: New Year’s Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; and Christmas Day.  Collection for subsequent days in that week will be delayed one day, with final pick-up on Saturday.

How can I pay my utility bill?

  • You may pay on-line.  Payments are accepted by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card), or by an electronic check.  They can be one-time payments, or automatic monthly recurring payments.
  • Or pay by personal or company check using the return envelope provided with your utility bill to mail the payment to City Hall.
  • By using cash or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card).  Payments may be made in person at City Hall during normal business hours or payments may be made over the telephone using one of these credit cards.
  • Or drop your payment off at the convenient drive-up payment box in the west parking lot behind City Hall; entry to the parking lot is available from Chino Avenue or Sixth Street.  You may also use the drop slot payment box located on the building wall next to the east entrance to City Hall.

Office hours for Utility Billing are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.  Customer Service staff is available to respond to your questions by calling (909) 334-3264 during regular work hours.  After 5:30 p.m., you may leave a message on our voicemail system and it will be retrieved the next morning.  If you have an EMERGENCY after regular work hours with your water or sewer service, call our Police Dispatch Center at (909) 628-1234 to have City personnel respond.

Where can I find an overview of the City's Water Fund?

Information on the Fall 2016 Water Fund Overview presentation can be found by clicking on this link here.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.